7 Benefits of LED Energy Saving Light Bulbs

Many eco-friendly NGOs are doing their best to protect the environment, while all of us are standing still, cheering for them and supporting them verbally. What many don’t know is that each and every one of us can collaborate in this movement without being part of those. The simple act of replacing standard light bulbs in our homes with LED energy saving lights is a major contribution. This step not only serves the environment, but also benefits you. Discover the advantages of LED lights:

1 – Environment friendly: LED lights are made of non-toxic materials which makes them harmless to the environment and 100% recyclable. The other types of lights, like fluorescent lighting bulbs, contain several toxic substances that are dangerous to the environment, like mercury or other harmful gasses.

2 – Energy efficient: They are considered to be the most energy efficient lighting up till today. Around 80% of the electrical energy is converted into light, while the remaining 20% is transformed into other forms of energy such as heat. On the other side, conventional lights have the opposite effect, whereby only 20% of the energy is transformed into light and 80% into heat.

3 – Long lifetime of light bulbs: One of the most important benefits of these bulbs is their lifetime. Due to the low percentage of lost energy, most of it will convert into light, avoiding the bulb to burn. LEDs, with an expected life time of around 11 years of continuous operation, will live longer than the standard light bulbs.

4 – High resistance: LEDs are usually highly durable due to the solid components forming them and the absence of filament that is a very sensitive. These components make it resist hard conditions such as shock, vibrations, wind, rain, and for the same reason, they make a great addition to the outdoors, especially LED light spotlights. LED lights have little risk of burning or breaking.

5 – Extremely low UV emissions: UV radiations are known for their harmful effect on human beings by causing skin diseases and damaging the eyes. Therefore, LED illuminations are built in a way that produces extremely low UV emissions and little infrared light. Thus, LED lighting is suitable for humans and for materials sensitive to UV and infrared.

6 – Low voltage: LED lights function with low voltage power supply, which saves on electrical energy and makes the bulbs safer to handle during installation and maintenance. The low voltage needed to illuminate LED light bulbs can be supplied by an external solar energy source.

7 – Instant lighting: the LEDs brighten instantly when switched on, making no room for energy to get lost in the void. This advantage doesn’t really affect the life span of the bulb or its light emission. Unlike that, standard bulbs may take several seconds before achieving full brightness, passing by a period of fading in or flickering.

After sharing with you how you can personally benefit from LED lights and at the same time participate in protecting the environment, what will you do? Stand still and do nothing about it, or save you money and the planet by going green?!


Source by Luke C.

Leave a Reply