What are LED Lights?
They use LED (light-emitting-diode) as light source. LED (light-emitting-diode) is a semiconductor diode that emits light when an electric current is applied in the forward direction of the device, as in the simple LED circuit.
Because of many advantages of LED lights, they became more and more popular. It’s a big wave in the lighting industry. LED is widely used in light strips, rope lights, street lights, flood lights, spotlights and so on.
1. High Energy Efficiency. They are highly efficient. In most of cases, luminous efficiency of LED is 70-100 lm/w. The highest luminous efficiency is up to 160lm/w in 2008. The luminous efficiency of incandescent lights is 8-15lm/w. Therefore, it’s about 8 times than incandescent lights. Power factor of LED lights is over 90%
2. Long Lifespan. The lifespan of LED can be over 50,000 hours. If you use them 10 hours everyday, the lifespan can be over 10 years. It is amazing.
3. Full Range of Colors. LED is available in a range of colors, including white, warm white, red, blue, yellow and so on. Besides, the color is easily controlled. Therefore, RGB colors are available. Jumpy changing and gradual changing of colors are available.
4. Eco-friendly. There are no UV, IR, lead and mercury in LED lights. They meet eco-friendly illuminating project perfectly. Besides, there is little heat when working. They are touchable when working.
5. Design Flexibility. Because LED is very small, it’s very help for the design of lighting.
Besides, more benefits are as follows:
No starting delay
Can be easily dimmed
Low-voltage power supply (increased safety)
Source by Ji Wu
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.